Kdenlive is the most versatile video editor available today:
- Support for a wide range of camcorders and cameras, including:
- Low resolution camcorder (Raw and AVI DV editing).
- Mpeg2, mpeg4 and h264 AVCHD (small cameras and camcorders).
- High resolution camcorder files, including HDV and AVCHD camcorders.
- Professional camcorders, including XDCAM-HD™ streams, IMX™ (D10) streams, DVCAM (D10) , DVCAM, DVCPRO™, DVCPRO50™ streams and DNxHD™ streams (decoding only, encoding untested). Please note that Kdenlive does not offer the original codecs, but only that we use FFmpeg free software codecs, which can read original streams and sometimes export as well. When you own a camcorder, there is no reason why you should not be able to read your own films.
- Multitrack edition with a timeline and unlimited number of video and audio tracks.
- Video and audio tracks organized in layers.
- Tools to create, move, crop and delete video clips, audio clips, text clips and image clips.
- Configurable keyboard shortcuts and interface layouts.
- A wide range of effects and transitions. Ability to add custom effects and transitions.
- Non-blocking rendering using a rendering separate application. Stop, pause and restart rendering. Continue to work on your project without any possible loss of data.
- Export to standard formats:
- DV (PAL and NTSC).
- Mpeg2 (PAL, NTSC and HDV) and AVCHD (HDV).
- High quality h264.
- Non-destructive formats.
Link: - http://www.kdenlive.org/