Here is the steps to install Chinese Input Method on a fresh new Ubuntu 10.10
- Click System > Administration > Language Support
- You will be asked to install the complete language support, just install.
- In the Language and Text dialog, select ibus in Keyboard input method system, and click the button Install/Remove Languages.
- In the Installed Languages dialog, scroll down to select Chinese and click Apply Changes.
- You will be ask to enter your administrator password to install the applied changes.
- After installed, close the Language and Text dialog, log-out and log-in again, a little keyboard icon will be shown on the menu bar.
- Click on the keyboard icon, select Preferences.
- Click on Input Method tab, Chinese and select your desired input method.
- and click the Add button.